Lucas is 2 months old! Hurrah, mission control, we’ve hit some semblance of head control! He still has yet to show any signs of rolling, so it’s been nice that we can continue to keep him swaddled to help with his sleep (at this stage with James, we had to unswaddle him and build a barricade to prohibit rolling/waking…spoiler alert, it didn’t work). He’s definitely got himself a little personality and is always full of smiles as long as he’s fed, dry diapered, and is being talked to. He’s an attention whore, but we love him. He’s up to sleeping for stretches of 5-6 hours during the night, waking usually anywhere from 1-3 times during the night. I’m so looking forward to when he sleeps through the night, but I know this is still a ways away! Also, he’s a butterball turkey. Seriously, kid gained like 3 pounds in a month and grew 2 inches. I will eventually be the shortest person in this family.
Life with 2 kids continues to throw its challenges to us, but little did I know that our HOUSE, yes HOUSE would be the biggest problem child. I really shouldn’t lump everything into the category of “house”, but since all things bad have occurred on our property lines, I will categorize as I want. Seriously, bad things are supposed to occur in 3’s, but ours seem to have occurred in 10’s and counting.
In order of occurrence:
1) The bathtub emptied into our kitchen, which emptied into the basement. Holy flood. Call to the plumber on a weekend=not good. Lucas was a week old.
2) During heavy wind, we lost some siding. It adds character to our house.
3) We got a bunch of heavy wind and rain, thus causing a large ceiling stain in our family room. The roofing company we contacted wasn’t sure how this happened. If you squint, the stain looks like Mickey Mouse ears,
4) Our tree in the front yard started to lean. It’s rotting at the base. We need to find a chainsaw soon.
5) Our latest fun thing: our fridge quit working! It’s not even 2 years old, but decided it wanted me to throw out all my groceries I had just purchased. But good news, it’s under recall. Bad news, we are living out of a mini fridge (for a family of 4), until it gets fixed next week. I need to re-home all my frozen goods so I can defrost this mother.
I’m really hoping nothing else springs up until I go back to work, but I guess if crap like this is going to happen, better it happens when I’m off.
My fitness life and running is coming along and I’ve been making an effort to workout 5 days per week. This is going to become increasingly difficult once I go back to work, but I’m going to do my best to stay on the wagon and may just have to become a super early morning exercise type person. Nothing like the threat of being thrown off a treadmill if you fall asleep to keep that adrenaline pumping! Can’t wait to see what the next month holds!