So this blog entry is just slight late…but better late than never I suppose! I was pretty busy this past weekend visiting with family and running another race (gasp!) which I will do a recap of in the near future. Thus, this entry is going to be short and sweet and devoid of my usual ramblings of a preggo.
This week, Baby Mason is the size of a head of cauliflower and weighs nearly 2 pounds! He or she is about 14.5 inches in length with legs extended. Those legs are being put to good use because I have started referring to my stomach as “The Belly That Never Quits”. As in…constant movement. Constant kicking. Constant punching of my bladder. Constant hiccups. Constant squirming. This child doesn’t know how to chill out. It’s either starting to complain that the basement apartment is getting cramped or it’s already training for the Baby World Cup.
This week has brought on some new changes:
1) My nose feels clogged most of the time. I feel like I am breathing through a small silly straw and I hate it. Straws are meant for the mouth not the snot holes.
2) I am starting to get calf cramps at night. I no longer point my toes at night because it results in Mega Insta Big Time Charley Horse Holy Crap Cramp.
3) I only have 2 pairs of my regular jeans that still fit. It may be time to buy a belly band or get maternity jeans. Womp womp.
4) I now have bought blinds and 2 lamps for the nursery. I am definitely productive. And by productive I mean a procrastinator. I also have picked up some paint color samples. And it has gone no further than that stage.
5) I still have yet to buy a single baby item. Is that weird?
I may or may not have looked like an Easter Egg with legs at my last race. And Baby Mason was definitely out on display. The belly hath arrived!