2012 is now in the books. It was a wonderful year that saw many high’s, low’s, and everything in between. In my 27th year, I grew as a wife, daughter, aunt, sister, neighbor, friend, Physical Therapist, and athlete.
I managed to PR in the Half Marathon, 6 Mile (fail on 10K), 5 Mile, and 5K. I also managed to PR in how quickly I can whip up a meal after working 9 hours. In case you were wondering, 15 minutes is the answer. Now if only I could run 2 miles WHILE PR’ing my meal prep.
What will 2013 Bring?
I am not a huge fan of making New Year Resolutions. This mainly stems from the fact that I generally fail at them in a matter of 2 weeks. However, I feel that I do need to focus some effort on several areas. I, however, am “resolving” nothing and “focusing” on the following:
1) Family: This year will hopefully hold some new and exciting adventures and I for one am ready for them.
2) Faith: I have neglected this area of my life and need to get back to the place I used to be.
3) Friends: I want to make a point of seeing and speaking with my friends more often. I can sometimes suck as a friend. Picking up the phone is so easy, yet I can find every reason in the world not to. I know life takes everyone a million different directions, but I want to stay going in the same direction with my close friends.
4) Fitness: I want to not just focus on my running this year. I want to become fitter for life and for health.
5) Nutrition: Healthy food is harder to make and costs more. And I am lazy as crap sometimes and the idea of sitting down and making a well thought out grocery list gives me headaches. It is so much easier to walk down the aisles and grab crap that will probably make me crap rather than construct a healthful, nutrient dense food concoction.
6) Career Development: When I first started in school I was bright eyed, bushy-tailed and ready to take on the world. I was going to become the #1 PT in the World. And it’s time I started honing my skills to do so.
To end my huge, never ending, perpetually wordy post: I ran my first race of 2013. I decided to run the First Run Sponsored by Second Sole. I doubt any photos will be posted, but it was a nice little way to kick off the year. A double loop course of Malone University that was hilly as all S-H-I… and completely covered in snow and ice. Lacking the expertise of a billy goat and lacking the equipment of Yak Trax, I err’d on the side of caution and ran hard but smart. I busted out the brand spanking new Pure Flow 2’s and ran like I had a Yeti chasing me slowly.
I finished in 23:21. Good enough for 3rd Overall 🙂 Judging the times recorded, it appears the course slowed nearly everyone down anywhere from 1-2 minutes. So I am happy with the results. And looking forward to a very runtastic 2013…